Guest post By Dan Stafford. – Candidate for California’s 67th-district State Assemblyman, Jorge lopez has shown me by example that he has:
- Strong leadership skills
- The ability to listen well
- Keen decision-making ability
- A powerful intellect
- Dedication to his fellow California residents and neighbors
I have personally witnessed Jorge’s tireless efforts to register voters, regardless of political party, all though the 2016 Presidential campaign.
Jorge organized a strong volunteer organization in support of the Presidential candidate he believed in, and made the effort to show up at numerous supporting events.
Jorge doesn’t just talk about getting things done. He enables others to put forward their best efforts, and then gets in there and personally helps do the work. I’ve seen it first-hand.
These are only some of the reasons why I find myself volunteering time and skills to:
- Work on the campaign website
- Do web SEO work for the campaign
- Fix a futzy old laptop into something fast and useable to save the campaign money
- Teach Jorge and his team how to do what I know how to do.
This is despite the fact that Jorge lives and is running for California State Assemblyman in the Assembly district just North of my own. I can’t vote for the man, so I volunteer for him.
This is how we must all go about getting decent people in our government again. We have to work hard for those we can see are kind people with a care for the civil society we share.
A State Assemblyman can:
- Draft legislation that will support infrastructure and jobs in their State and district
- Co-sponsor worthy legislation to help people in their district and around the State
- Help persuade other Assembly representatives to do what is right for the people of California – even when it’s politically hard.
- Get the ear of the media and try to make a case for going to the side of decency in reporting
- Reach the ear of officials around the State to persuade on policy
- Write legislation to replace out-dated laws in order to modernize our regulatory structure
I personally believe in what Jorge is doing, and as a resident of California, I strongly endorse Jorge Lopez for California’s 67th State Assembly district.